Monday 14 March 2011

I was wrong

I think I was wrong a few posts ago when I suggested there was no way back for the Lib Dems after tuition fees. The recent party vote to oppose the NHS reforms is a way back - perhaps. Like the forests, the NHS is a sacred cow and any proposals for reform will be treated with some public trepidation and hostility, whether or not they are sensible and justified. Now will the Lib Dem leadership find its backbone and confront Lanslet and co ? If they duck this one, it really will look as though the thrill of power is too much for them. Nick Clegg is looking increasingly isolated. here is a chance for him to re-connect. I suspect he may well bottle it. he may, of course, support the reforms.Mmmmmm....




http://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/Colleges/Government---Politics.aspx?mRef=CNM01.

No comments: